Quality over quantity was the name of the game for January. There was only 5 events, but boy were they good ones. We’ll work backwards through the month for this one, for obvious reasons.
IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship
Opinions are divided on whether or not the Rolex 24 at Daytona should be considered a classic or not. The results of the Prototype and GTLM classes never really looked in doubt, with comfortable victories for Action Express Racing and Ford Chip Ganassi.
On the flip side, it was the most old-school of endurance races. Long green flag runs with very little interruption allowed proper strategy and fuel mileage to play a part. The lack of full course yellows meant a new distance record was set, and even GTLM destroyed the previous record.
There will be arguments over BoP, especially regarding the Ford GT win in GTLM. But GTD was as close as ever, and Lamborghini took their first ever win in a 24 hour race.
[su_list icon=”icon: angle-double-right” icon_color=”#3498db”]
- A Rolex 24 Race Day Reflection
- 14 Hour Report – Three Horse Race
- 18 Hour Report – AXR In Control
- Ford Dominate Daytona / Lamborghini get first 24 Hour win
- AXR 1-2 at the Rolex 24
- United Autosports vows to return
- tRL TV: Rolex 24 at Daytona
IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge
Asian Le Mans Series
Jackie Chan DC Racing Jota took another significant step towards securing more Le Mans entries for 2018. The team took a dominant 1-2 victory at the 6 hours of Buriram.
Dubai 24 Hours
The 3x3H of Dubai was light on cars, but heavy on entertainment. Good racing, and some great pit lane reporting from Radio Le Mans Nick Damon added a lot of personality and fun to the event.
- Simpson Motorsports wins 3x3H Race 1
- Dramatic Finish to 3x3H Dubai
- Black Falcon wins Hankook 24H Dubai
- tRL TV: Hankook 3x3H Dubai Race 1
- tRL TV: Hankook 3x3H Dubai Race 2
- tRL TV: Hankook 3x3H Dubai Race 3
- tRL TV: Hankook 24H Dubai Race
Race Car Tech
Race Car Tech was rolled out as something new and geeky for for those of us who love a good equation. Apparently that’s a lot of you, because the series was an instant hit. We’re three articles into the first topic – tyres.
- Tyres – as a Vertical Spring
- Tyres – Road Interaction & Contact Patch Grip
- Tyres – Longitudinal Forces
- Suspension Kinematics Excel Tool
- IMSA Extends Homologation for DPi/LMP, GTLM Cars
In addition to the full races above, tRL TV also provided you with the following excellent entertainment.
- CanAm McLaren M6B at Laguna Seca Onboard
- Highlights of the 2015 Rolex 24
- Tommy Milner Corvette Daytona Helmet Cam
- Ginetta G60-LT-P1 Roll Out
- Cadillac DPi.VR Tech Tour by Racer.com
- 2017 ChampCar Endurance Series – Sebring
- 2017 US Endurance Championship Sunday
- 2017 Fun Cup Oulton Park
- 1992 IMSA GTP Watkins Glen Extended Highlights
- Chris Harris drives a Daytona 24H winning Jaguar XJR-9
- Behind the Scenes Abu Dhabi Testing with Nicki Thimm
- Mazda Furai Concept Car on track
- Continental Tire Daytona Testing
- WeatherTech SportsCar Daytona Testing
- Remote Controlled Nissan GT-R
- 7 Litre Patriot – Le Mans Winning Corvette
- Villorba Corse: Our Le Mans
- Super GT 2018 Promo
- Norma Cosmic Wrap